Would you like to be your own boss? You might consider marketing your own line of information products online using resale rights? Here are some of the benefits of selling products over the Internet:
– Work when you want to.
– Work where you want to — from home, in a cafe, on vacation, or from any place on Earth with an Internet connection.
– Whether you want to stop working for an employer altogether, or you have a daytime job and just want a secondary source of income, running an online store using resale rights can provide you with increased job security.
– Online sales are a booming industry, and should continue to grow for many years to come, as people around the world gain online access and discover how easy it can be to shop for information and other products they need via the World Wide Web.
– Selling information products using resale rights is a tremendously flexible part-time or full-time career path. You can get into it as little or as much as you want, or as broadly or deeply as you like. You might enjoy being a generalized, all-purpose information store, or a vendor of highly specialized downloadable content, which can be anything from literature to web site templates, from nonfiction reference works to programming code.
– You should not have to make a large up-front investment to get started selling information using resale rights. You can grow your business at your own pace.
– Nor should you have to purchase, maintain, or ship your inventory. Typically, your products will be downloadable from a designated web sites, once your customer has paid your fee. Or, if you use a drop shipper, then your supplier will ship only once you have made the sale.
– Or you can try selling downloadable products as an affiliate marketer, which simply means that you sell the product on your web site for a commission, and some other entity deals with all of the logistics, once you have passed through the customer.
– There is no cold calling, no face to face selling, so there is no fear of rejection.
– Nor does an online store using resale rights require you to haul your inventory to a marketplace, or rent a brick-and-mortar store front. So your business can be lean and mean, and thus you can keep down overhead and maximize your profits.
– Dress any way you wish, take a rest break anytime you like, and have a generally easier, less stressful lifestyle. No need to keep up appearances when you don’t want to!
– An online store using resale rights is an enterprise that many people can run, including some folks who might be too disabled to work a regular nine to five job.
There are many writers, artists, programmers, and other creative types, who do not want to be involved with running an online store. Acquiring their content with resale rights enables you to represent them, while it lets them stay focused on creating their content. If you have a flair for packaging and promotion using the World Wide Web, then there is certainly a piece of pie available to you at the online table.
Whether you are promoting your own line of products, or those created by others, in your e-commerce store, there are a number of methods for advertising your store and its products for little to no cost.
– Leverage your already existing blogs, web sites, e-mail lists, and social networking sites to let others know what you have been up to, and what is new in your store. Take care to make your posts or e-mails sound like news or chat, not like spam.
– Learn more about search engine optimization (S. E. O) to make your sales pages more likely to turn up in online searches that will convert to sales. There is a bit of and art and science to this process, but it is not difficult to master, and it is free! However, it will take time and effort on your part. There are three major search engines with different and constantly changing requirements for which you must optimize your pages: Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.
– Also consider low-cost methods such as Google AdWords, or some of the competing alternatives, to bring in more traffic, once you have been up and running for a little while. Just figure out your advertising budget, and do your best to stick to your limit.
Due to the fast-moving nature of the Internet marketplace, many buying decisions are made on a nearly instantaneous, impulse basis. Often, content is purchased as the result of a search engine query, or by clicking on links that are related to the subject being read about in a blog or email. By providing relevant content in a timely manner, 24/7, to any computer in the world with an Internet connection, you too can set up shop as an online merchant selling products with resale rights.
As an aside, it relatively easy to get advice on any aspect of your business, since selling online content is a thriving, growing industry. Since the Internet is the greatest place for finding information quickly, you can post your questions to forums or other places where similar entrepreneurs can provide you with the help you need.
Perhaps the most important advantage of resale rights is that they completely bypass traditional distribution methods, allowing both seller and buyer to connect rapidly and enjoy the benefits of low overhead and instant fulfillment. Through resale rights, sellers can also test market products quite rapidly, retaining the products that work for their particular mix, and dropping any that don’t work well. Also, products with resale rights are excellent candidates for the “package deal,” which appeals to many buyers shopping for value.
The opportunities are limited only by your imagination. So start today by making your own list of possible ways for you to benefit from packaging and selling digital content over the World Wide Web.
JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS OF RESALE RIGHTS EBOOKS
There are thousands of ebook titles to choose from. If you can think of a topic, there is probably at least one ebook written about it. Buying an ebook with resale rights gives you the right to resell it as often as you wish. There are no royalties or commissions involved in resale rights ebooks; once you own the copy, it is yours outright.
When you work at home selling ebooks online, your store operates 24/7, 365 days a year, bringing you money even while you sleep. Here are some of the benefits of running a resale rights ebooks store:
– no inventory to stock
– no up-front costs,
– very low overhead costs; usually just the cost of your ebooks with resale rights, and your web sites
– no shipping required, since ebooks are downloadable upon payment
You can save even more money by writing some resale rights ebooks yourself. Then you can make money either by keeping the rights to yourself, or licensing others to sell them for you. You can do this either by setting up an affiliate marketer network (which means that you get a cut on every sale) or selling them the resale rights outright (which means that you can ask more money up front).
Start by making a list of topics that you could write an ebook on. It doesn’t have to be a long ebook in order to sell. Some ebooks under 20 pages sell very well! It just depends on how useful and timely the information is, and how well it addresses a particular need or issue. So then you will need to do a bit of research to determine what the market is for each of your ideas. That will tell you which ideas to start with, for the best chance of success.
Otherwise, you can simply use the ebooks as freebies to promote your own career and business! You can use giveaway ebooks simply to draw more traffic to your existing web site. You can also use a giveaway ebook to build your email list, by asking for a name and email address from the person who wants to download your free ebook.
You don’t even need to set up your own specialized web site in order to offer resale rights ebooks. You can sell ebooks on your existing web site, or sell ebooks on eBay or other shopping sites. The choice is yours.
For eBay, there are probably extra fees involved in connecting buyers to a downloadable site. So instead, you might want to consider the alternative of copying the resale rights ebooks to CD and shipping them to a physical address. True, this is more work for you, but it might be better for your cash flow when you are just getting started.
The first step is always the hardest. Again, start with a list of topics you can either write about or get excited about marketing to others. Also, think about the result you want, once you create or buy the ebooks you will sell. Then write that down too. Writing down your goals helps to clarify and focus your thinking.
It is always okay to ask for advice or help, especially when you are getting started. Discuss your ideas with your family and friends, or search on the Internet to find user groups, forums, and other online community groups and bulletin boards. There you can read about the experiences of others, and ask your questions. Good luck to you in launching your ebook business! May it fly high!